Ceramic Ishi BA is an unique material:
· It does not trasmit tastes and odours
· Being an inert material, it does not cause chemical reactions with the food, avoinding that unpleasant metal taste
· It does not rust or deteriorate as it has no oxidable parts
· It is easy to wash, it simply needs rinsing under water, it is very light to handle
· It is always ready for use, as it maintains its perfect cut over many years.
Laboratory tests have shown that, applying a constant pressure of 2,2 kg. the Ishi BA ceramic blade can cut twenty sheets of paper at a time for more that one thousand times, without losing its sharpness. Steel blades, applying the same weight, lose their sharpness after having cut a decreasing number of sheets only six hundred times.
The many advantages of ISHI BA ceramics have allowed Kyocera to significantly expand its range of kitchenware.